Thursday, June 18, 2009

The TeePee

I've been working on some home improvements so I haven't sewn as much as I usually do. Plus, the nice summer weather has made it hard to stay inside on my butt in front of the sewing machine.

However, I did manage to make this for my 5 year old. It was easy to make and he's in heaven. He actually slept in it last night in his bedroom - not the backyard.


This is a pattern that I bought months ago and finally took the time to get all the supplies. The poles are PVC pipe (the guys at home depot loved me when I walked in with my list of measurements. I could see it in their eyes.. "Oh great, here comes another women with big ideas").

UPDATE: The pattern is by SewBaby and can be found here or at JoAnns. I purchased it at my local JoAnns. Sorry for not including that in the original post.

And lastly - here is a pretty picture from my backyard. We planted a hibiscus patio tree a couple weekends ago. It's looking so pretty. We un-officially planted them in memory of my Father in Law. (I say unoffically because I don't have a very green thumb and if I make it official - I'll feel horrible if the desert heat gets to it before me and the watering can do)

Pin It

1 comments:

Karen said...

Heidi,

That is a beautiful plant. I LOVE the teepee! My kids would LOVE it. Where did you find such a pattern?

Karen