Friday, May 28, 2010

40 years ago TODAY....

A family secret was born. Yes.. 40 years ago today, someone in our family delivered a set of twins. But for reasons unknown - they were seperated - yet raised by other members of the family. They were even told they had different birthdays, one a year ahead of the other, to throw them off. They went to the same schools.. lived in the same community.. spent holidays together.. play together at family gatherings.. giggled and played tag.. all those things that regular cousin's do.

Well.. ok.. we don't know if that's actually true. BUT it is our theory.. Bobbi and Me. Why else would we have so many things in common? I'm serious.. the similarities are unbelieveable sometimes. When something funny or interesting happens.. she's the one I talk to. We chat every.single.day! And I truly don't know what I would do without her.

She is the kindest.. most generous person I know. She loves me even when I can't "let it go" when trying to prove my point.. she treats my children like they are her own.. We laugh til it hurts ALL.THE.TIME!!!

There isn't a thing in the world that could change my mind either.. nothing she could do or say that would make me love her any less!!

(since it would take me too long to dig for a picture of her and this post wouldn't be there when she get's up.. here is her favorite flower instead.. Gerber Daisy's)

Happy Birthday Bobbi Jo!!! I hope this day (and decade) is better than the one before!

Now go on over to Crafty Vegas Mom and wish that old bag a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Pin It

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

There is nothing better than a best friend that you are related to!

Maria said...

You are lucky to be so close to your cousin Bobbi and have such a great friend.

Will pop over and wish her a very happy birthday

Jamie said...

"Old bag"...haha! You are too funny Heidi!
Happy birthday to Bobbi!

Micki said...

What a lovely post...A best friend is so priceless!
Micki

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. You are very lucky to have each other.

Momma Made This said...

Laugh out loud funny! Lucky both of you to have each other!

~ Ronda

Cheryl said...

Great post....off to wish her a happy birthday. Grrrrr, I can't believe I missed last Friday Night Sew in!!

Luv 2 Kreate said...

It is so wonderful to have a BFF like that!